Eagles fans have to be excited about the upcoming draft, nobody knows these players as well as Chip. He scouted a good chunk of them coming out of high school, coached a select few at Oregon, and is earning some frequent flyer miles watching their pro days.
- Chip Kelly and LB Coach Rick Minter were photographed chatting it up with Louisville OLB Marcus Smith. Smith seems like a great fit for the Eagles on day two. At 6-3 251 lbs, he has good size and had a productive college career.
- The next finding was a tweet conversation between Tony Pauline and Blake Smith. They are referring to Marcel Jensen, the TE from Fresno State. Jensen is a late round prospect, but has intriguing measurables, at 6-6 259 lbs and has a 35 inch vertical.
- West Virginia's Will Clarke also fits that "big people" mold Kelly looks for, at 6-6 271 lbs. Interesting note from Tony Pauline, saying Eagles coaches put Clarke through LB drills. Clarke is seen as a defensive lineman, but he's an athletic guy who the Eagles could view as having upside as an OLB.
- Adrian Hubbard from Alabama is another pass-rushing option for the Eagles in the middle rounds. He also has tremendous size, although his 2013 season was disappointing. The book on Hubbard is that he's pretty good at a lot of things, but not great at one thing. He seems more like a Jack OLB (Barwin's role) rather than an explosive pass-rusher.
- Chip Kelly likes his Pac-12 guys, Scott Crichton is a good pass-rusher with a relentless motor. Philadelphia was reportedly putting Crichton through LB drills to gauge his comfort in coverage. He seems much more like a 4-3 DE to me, doesn't have great athleticism.
- Billy Davis was "all over" Va Tech CB Kyle Fuller according to Pauline. Fuller is a guy who some scouts have rated higher than OK State's Justin Gilbert. He's 6-0 190 lbs, and is projected to come off the board late-first round or early-second round.
- The Eagles showed a lot of interest in Florida State ILB Christian Jones (6-3 240) at the senior bowl, and apparently that interest carried over into his pro day. Jones is a very versatile LB with great size. Seems to be a great fit for the Eagles in the third or fourth round.
- Lastly, the Eagles have two private workouts scheduled that I'm aware of: Texas A&M WR Mike Evans and Washington State S Deone Bucannon. Evans will likely be gone by 22, but the hard-hitting Bucannon might be an option in round two.